Monday, July 02, 2007

Broccoli, Asparagus & Pork Pasta

Weekends are way to short. I wish we only had to work 4 days instead of 5. Those who work 6-day weeks, that's really really sad.. To me, relaxing is having an ENTIRE day, all 24 hours of it with absolutely nothing to do except eat, sleep, maybe try out a new recipe, watch my favourite series and read blogs. Heh. It would be so productive.

Today is horrible, dreaded Monday, which explains how I started the way I did. Thank goodness its almost over. Once you get through Mondays, you look forward to Wednesdays and then the week really starts to look BRIGHTER. That's how i get through my weeks... every week. Don't get me wrong. I like my job but it takes up 10-12 hrs of my day and that's a lot of time to do something you gotta do. But, a job's a job and it brings in the dough for me to do the things I wanna do so o-k-a-y.... I shall bear with it.. for the next 25 years... urgh.



Onwards to more cheerful topics! I can proudly say I whipped up my very own pasta dish this time round! Totally originaI. I bought a bunch of asparagus the other day. This is an interesting veg. Did you know an asparagus spear can grow up to 10 inches in 24 hours? WOW! I'll bet lotsa ppl would wanna learn its growth secret. hee hee.

Tips on picking asparagus - the larger the diameter, the more tender it is. Go for those with firm spears and compact tips.

I had brocolli in my fridge and a can of luncheon meat (very useful - a must in every kitchen). Heated up some olive oil, pan fried the luncheon meat till just slightly burnt at the sides. Set aside. In the same pan, saute the asparagus and broccoli for a few mins. Add in the luncheon meat, a dash of sea salt and pepper. Cook pasta till al dente in a pot of boiling water with salt. Toss together and Voila! A perfectly healthy meal.

Verdict: 7/10! Luncheon meat tastes better than bacon or ham any day!

No comments: