- my onions have green stalks growing out of them - is this spring onion then?
- a whole legion of evil weevils have taken over my rice bag - i can't see my rice anymore, just powdery white dusk. everywhere
- i have half a block of parmesan cheese in my fridge that's expired
- i have pork ribs in the freezer, dry and frozen to their bones
- a steam and stew sauce that has expired
- 3 bottles of unopened Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce and i only feed a family of 2. I dont know if they will end up as expired stocks next year.
- thickened cream that I bought when i got excited after reading through delicious dessert recipes. excitement died down too fast and cream is now 2 weeks to expiry.
So. Lesson learnt.
Plan meals ahead and shop with a shopping list - memory doesnt get better with age.
Buy less, go eat out more often.