Monday, July 14, 2008

Tummy Filling Cream of Broccoli Soup


I know some of you may cringe and go eww broccoli soup? I had that with some guys who went ewww .... pumpkin soup? Pumpkin soup was one of the very first recipes I ever tried and got hooked on cooking!

Now, broccoli soup. I like it coz its completely different from pumpkin soup. Its a light green colour. Pumpkin soup is a bright orange colour. So there. I have different coloured soups to blog about.

AND its so much easier.

Chop up shallots and sautee them with oil or butter until they turn translucent. Add in broccoli together with chicken stock. Simmer till the broccoli turns a bright green (don't overcook them!). Save some broccoli florets for garnishing.

Transfer the whole lot into a blender and puree to however fine you want the broccoli bits to be. Pour back into the pot, add whipping cream and lemon juice. Simmer, season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!




No comments: